We have a number of projects in JIRA, each with a large number of issues. All these issues are to be moved into one single project. No problem here.
But I want to preserve the previous issue ID in a text field somewhere, so that users can still locate their issues by their previous IDs.
Is this possible, and if so, how?
Example:
Old project ABC has 1234 issues, named ABC-1 thru ABC-1234 (assuming that no issues have been deleted); old project DEF has 2345 issues named DEF-1 thru DEF-2345 (assuming that no issues have been deleted here, either).
I will then migrate all issues in project ABC, followed by all issues in project DEF, to project XYZ
Following the migration, new project XYZ will have 3,579 issues, named XYZ-1 thru XYZ-3579.
How do I bulk move issues, so that I can find a reference to e.g.
- "ABC-100" within issue XYZ-100
- "DEF-1" within issue XYZ-1235
Thanks.
Best regards,
Lasse Kaiser