JIRA's "projects" appear to be permanent endeavors, like services or products. E.g., Atlassian organizes its own JIRA "projects" as separate products: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa#all
I havea JIRA "project" for my enterprise CMS system and another one for my enterprise blog system. Here's where it gets weird:
We have our "main" enterprise blog system, but we're currently setting up a one-off, single-instance blog somewhere else for a special purpose.
Since both blog instances use the same software, and may need similar handing over their lives (e.g., bugfix on one has to be applied to the other), I thought it would be best to keep them in the same JIRA "project".
However, setting up the separate, single-instance blog requires a change to our CMS. So now I'm in a conundrum: do I put that issue in the blog "project", or do I put it in the CMS "project"?
If I put it in the blog project, then the blog project has a change to a totally different system.
If I put it in the CMS proejct, it's logically grouped with fellow issues related to the CMS, but it's completely separate from the blog project. I can't even assign it to a version within the blog project.
Seems like I am stuck choosing between two evils? What other alternatives do I have?