I'm after a plugin that provides generic communication over a set IP/port for when events happen in Atlassian products. For the immediate future, Stash Pull Request creations are what I'm targeting.
The end point I'm looking at attaching these events to is
http://hubot.github.com/ though if communication is generic enough, I'd love to see other projects hook into these events outside of Atlassian.
Hubot we want to use much the same as HipChat's plugin for stash - where developers are notified of commits, merges, pull requests (created, approved, rejected) and so on. Hubot can then also inform us of new backlog tickets, or when tickets are assigned / moved into progress on our kanban boards via Jira - or when documentation is updated in confluence.
I haven't yet been able to find something already developed for a means of generic communication on events in Atlassian products - and sadly - I personally don't have the required skills in Java to make this possible.
However, I can coffeescript and indeed to do so with Hubot.