Hi,
is there any way of deciding the destination status according to the values inserted on transition screen? I think this is not possible, but I am asking just to be sure
Thanks,
Rad
The short answer is what you expected - No.
I've seen various attempts for people to try to write post-functions that try to change the end point of a transition, and I've yet to see one that works cleanly or safely. I've had to clean up the mess made by a couple of attempts and it's really ugly.
The reason is simple - a post-function is part of a transition and triggering a second transition before the first one is complete is a massive headache.
However, it's a doddle in a listener. These trigger events as part of a transition, but the events trigger listener activity AFTER the transition. So you can say "listen for event triggered by going from X to Y" and then your listener can say "If field Z matches my conditions, run another transition on the issue immediately"
thanks for the answer Nic.
I forgot, if you want to persue the listener route, then
1. Have a quick look at the "auto transition listener" in the Jira toolkit
2. Jamie's script runner plugin can make it even more easy
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.