I upgraded Confluence from 5.1 to 5.4.2 and I see the following exception:
2014-02-12 01:39:41,565 ERROR [Timer-6] [internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] fail Unable to create application context for [com.atlassian.oauth.atlassian-oauth-service-provider-plugin], unsatisfied dependencies: Dependency on [(objectClass=com.atlassian.sal.api.auth.OAuthRequestVerifierFactory)] (from bean [&oAuthRequestVerifierFactory])
org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.oauth.atlassian-oauth-service-provider-plugin' has timed out
at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.timeout(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:454)
2014-02-12 01:39:41,566 ERROR [Timer-6] [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] logAndClearOustandingDependencies Never resolved service '&oAuthRequestVerifierFactory' for plugin 'com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider' with filter (objectClass=com.atlassian.sal.api.auth.OAuthRequestVerifierFactory)
2014-02-12 01:39:41,567 ERROR [Timer-6] [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] onPluginContainerFailed Unable to start the plugin container for plugin com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider
org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.oauth.atlassian-oauth-service-provider-plugin' has timed out
at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.timeout(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:454)
2014-02-12 01:39:41,567 ERROR [Timer-6] [extender.internal.activator.ContextLoaderListener] onOsgiApplicationEvent Application context refresh failed (NonValidatingOsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.atlassian.oauth.atlassian-oauth-service-provider-plugin, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml))
org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Application context initialization for 'com.atlassian.oauth.atlassian-oauth-service-provider-plugin' has timed out
at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.timeout(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:454)
I didnt have this issue in 5.1
1. increase the timeout value for the plugin to 300 seconds
Comments: adding timeout of 300 sec didnt work
2. enable the Shared Access Layer
Comments: the query select * from BANDANA where BANDANAKEY='plugin.manager.state.Map'
returns:
"<map>
<entry>
<string>com.atlassian.confluence.whatsnew:show-whats-new-flag</string>
<boolean>true</boolean>
</entry>
</map>"
3. permanent generation memory
Comments: It is set to 1024m
4. delete the plugin caches
Comments: done
I still see the same exception in the log file. And yes, I have restarted confluence after doing these changes. I also see that the system add on "Atlassian OAuth Service Provider Plugin" has been disabled with no option/button to enable it.