Our Confluence Wiki has grown organically (aka no real Governance) for several years now. As the Application Administrator it is now my job to "Monitor and Assist" Wiki Site Administrators/Page contributors. One of those tasks is monitoring Pages for last edit (Date and Who). How is the best way to do this on a Wiki with over 700 sites and multiple pages per site?
Hi Greg,
You can get this kind of information enabling the Global Activity option. You can enable this going to:
Please take a look on this link to get more information:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Viewing+Site+Statistics
Regards,
Renato Rudnicki
If you want to automate something in this area, you can use the Confluence Command Line Interface (CLI) and the getPageList action to get a csv list that includes last changed date.
--action getPageList --space @all --outputFormat 3 --dateFormat yyyy-MM-dd --columns space,title,modified,modifier
Renato, After reading the article and talking with our System Admin, Global Activity is not a solution for our shop. Frankly, I do not see why anyone would chance crashing their system with this plugin. Atlassian was wise to make it default OFF. And by the comments I saw they have not been able to fix the problem yet.
Bob, I am thinking that this command could be run with a minimum impact with the Wiki itself. I think I will spend some time investigating the costs of CLI for our installation. I just have to convince my System Admin that CLI will not break every time we do catch up on Wiki versions.
We test and validate compatibility against each major Confluence release within a day or so of it being available.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.