I am attempting to make applications links between Confluence and JIRA as configured on a server install. Both are behind a proxy using paths, /confluence and /JIRA contexts respectively. I can login to each system through the proxy and also through the localhost plain text ports as well as the ssl ports for each. Confluence has plaintext port 8090 and ssl port 8453 whereas JIRA uses plaintext port 8080 and ssl port 8443. At this time there is absolutely no firewall rules in place:
# iptables -L -n
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination
Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination
Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination
When attempting to create an application link from either app using either the localhost plain text ports, the localhost ssl ports, or the https proxy, all with and without the path contexts (/confluence and /jira) I receive this message:
No response was received from the URL you entered - it may not be valid.
Please fix the URL below, if needed, and click Continue.
According to tcpdump on the localhost there is traffic however I see a 404 error returned when the manifest is requested:
traffic.png
I have been running around in documentation circles suggesting everything from old docs specifying Oauth needs to be setup on pre-existing connections to new docs stating Oauth is on by default and I need a plugin to connect the two.
I have yet find any plugin in the marketplace that seems pertinent to linking these applications when searching for oath, links, manifest, authentication. I certainly cannot find any manifest file underneath the application homes though I'm lead to believe this request is dynamic in nature and generated during the request to pass oath information back and forth.
I'm looking for ideas on something I've missed in the documentation, or in the server configs, or in the application settings. Thank you!