How can I deploy from OnDemand Bamboo to an external server via a Git repo?
What I had envisioned was:
- Have Bamboo checkout a branch from the Git repo (on Bitbucket if that matters).
- Run targets from a build.xml file stored in the repo, these targets would run Unit Tests or minimize CSS and JS files. In other words, perform some actions on the files.
- On build success, create a zip artifact or create a new tag and commit that to the repo.
- Have Bamboo connect, maybe via SSH, to the web host and execute a Git pull to update the code on the server.
The problem seems to be that, because I'm using Git, I can't push back to the repo as I want to do in #3. Then, I don't have a way to connect to the web host to execute the pull because I can't seem to automate an SSH call that uses user/pass credentials.
Am I thinking about this wrong? Is this possible in a downloaded instance but not in OnDemand? Am I missing something obvious?