Hi there,
is there any way to create a customfield with all values listed as a component?
I can create customfields which takes data from versions, but not from components?
Any help or hint would be nice :-)
Kind regardsAndré
hi andre.
you could create a scripted field using the groovy script runner plugin or nfeed to query your jira database. check both of them out and find a lot of usefull stuff
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.valiantys.jira.plugins.SQLFeed
Some clarification, of course there is already a 'components' field, if you want to have arbitrary 'values' a SelectList is what you would use, but it won't be linked to the projects components, I dont know of a specific external custom field for this.
What is the context of use, why would the existing components field not be adequate, why would you need two?
Hi Andy,
one of our customer wants to use components and another field with the same data.
Hmm OK, I will have a look at those plugins.
As I am not a "script-pro" I allways postponed all scripting-plugins :-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.