I am using both IE 9 and Firefox 7.0.1 and am unable to drag and drop attachments into the attachment upload page. Anyone have this problem? Could there be a system setting I have turned off?
My OS is Win 7 64-bit.
Thanks,
Rhyne
For the benefit of others, you can download older versions of browsers here:
http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php
Hi Rhyne – Firefox 7 was released after Confluence 4.0 (they are releasing like crazy these days) and the Firefox team has made changes in HTML5 drag & drop handling since Firefox 7. This causes multiple web applications (including JIRA and Confluence) to loose their drag & drop functionality. We are tracking this issue here.
Drag and Drop is not supported in IE9 - this is because IE9 does not support Google gears or HTML drag api. This is a limitation of the browser. See http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Drag+and+drop+does+not+work+in+Internet+Explorer+9+%28IE9%29.
Thank you for the reply. I was able to download an older version and it worked fine.
As for installing Google Gears in IE8 : Here is the DL Link, that still worked as of tonight
http://dl.google.com/tag/gears/GoogleGearsSetup.exe
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.