Using Jira v5.2.6
Say that I have a php or html page and on this page are several inputs which are already filled in, lets say first name, last name, and email address to keep it simple.
Lets also assume that I have a Jira issue type that has matching fields (first name, last name, and email address).
Now Id like to place a button on this php or html page that, when pressed, will create a Jira issue, filling in the fields with the values from the html or php page.
Watching the issue creation process in fireBug I can see that the issue's fields and values are sent as a JSON object.
Can my php / html page spoof the normal creation process and just post a JSON object that I create to jira to create the issue or do I have to use a Atlasian API or make an actual plugin to directly create an issue in this way?
If I have to use an API where should I start?
I am familar with:
- JavaScript
- jQuery
- html
- css
- php
- AJAX
Im not familar with Java