Hi all,
I am trying to do integration with LDAP, so all the currents users get authenticated with LDAP. It is basically either read only with local groups or Delegated LDAP authentication. I want them to use their windows passwords. Also, I want to manage groups internally in JIRA. The groups should be copied from LDAP and then I would add those groups into my specific internal groups.
It works fine with entirly new user directory, like if I don't have any user in JIRA and then I integrate with LDAP, it copy all the users and add them to jira-users group. so they are able to log-in with LDAP credentials.
The problem occurs when I try to integrate with a already existing user directory in JIRA. When I do that, the external users are still not able to use their windows password, they had to use their JIRA password to log-in.