Hi
During transition, check whether certain field is empty or not, if empty, show screen to fill that field. if not empty, then allow transition. How can I do that?
Thanx
Bhushan's solution will ALWAYS show the screen, whether the field is filled or not. It will not let the transition proceed if it is left empty.
If you really do want the screen to show only when the field is empty, then you need to create two transitions. One with the screen and a "condition" that says "only show if the field is empty" and another with no screen and a condition that says "only show if field is filled"
Hi Nripendra,
Use the Required field workflow validator that comes bundled with this free add-on.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities
For more information on JIRA workflow functions, take a look at
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Advanced+workflow+configuration
Cheers
Bhushan
Hi Nic,
Where can I find conditions that you have mentioned i.e. "only show if the field is empty" / "only show if field is filled". I did not see such when I press "add condition". Do we need any add ons for that?
Regards
+1 Nice solution, Nic!
@Nic Brough (Adaptavist) Thanks for the Suggestion. It works perfectly!
When trying this method I have to make the two transition names different and this is confusing to the users in terms of moving to next state. How do I deal with that?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.