I have created a custom field plugin that appears to work when initially installed - I am able to add the field to an issue type/context and view/edit the field for specific issues. However after restarting JIRA, fields I previously created are no longer listed in the administrative Custom Fields page. If a add another custom field of the same type, the previously missing fields reappear in the Custom Fields page. Alternatively if I disable and then re-enable the custom field plugin, the missing fields reappear in the Custom Fields page.
My best guess at this point is that the plugin has some type of load conflict (possibly with Greenhopper), but I don't know how to identify the specific conflict.
I do see the following error in the JIRA log file:
{code}
INFO atlassian.plugin.util.WaitUntil Plugins that have yet to be enabled: com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira , 54 seconds remaining
INFO atlassian.plugin.util.WaitUntil Plugins that have yet to be enabled: com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira , 53 seconds remaining
ERROR jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'org.janelia.it.jira.plugin.geci:org.janelia.plateField'. Is the plugin present and enabled?
{code}
In spite of this error message, the custom field plugin is listed as enabled in the administrative plugins page.