I hae a scenario where a Jira customer wants to give many clients access to the system. Users from a single client need to be able to see each others' issues but not those of other clients.
I have done a lot of Jira installations, but there's a problem with each option I've used before:
1) Project-per-client - fine with a few clients but if there are dozens or hundreds, it's not workable. Also, this leads to duplication of Components, etc.
2) Reporter and internal users can see issues - This is like Atlassian's support setup I think. Each reporter sees only his or her own issues. However, two users from a single company cannot see each others' issues.
3) Issue security - I tried in the past creating groups for each client and using issue security. So like "Internal + Client 1", "Internal + Client 2", etc. This mostly works except that users from the different clients can see each others' names in the Assign dropdown.
Has anyone successfully set this up as I've described? Each Client 1 user should see all issues that were reported by Client 1 users.
Thanks.