Hello.
I installed confluence new from ...bin file, setup the database, imported the data from a backup of our "live" version, and them completed the configuration. (connected to JIRA on same server for auth, etc.)
I went to "manage plugins" and it said "A newer version of the Universal Plugin Manager is available. Update now!"
I clicked on "Update now, and got an error. It was related to a mysql problem "logExceptions Packet for query is too large upm". I shutdown httpd, confluence, and jira. I edited /etc/my.cnf on the database server and then restarted mysql. I started jira, confluence, and httpd.
I tried to "Update now!" the plugins and now it says "This version of Confluence is unknown to the plugin information server. It may be too new to appear, or it may be some type of non-standard build. No plugins can be found for unknown product versions."
Also, nothing shows under "Available Updates", "User-installed Plugins", or "System Plugins" (even when I select "Show/Hide System Plugins".
I tried "Disable communication with the Atlassian Marketplace", and then it allows me to see the plugins. It shows the universal plugin as the only installed user plugin, and then it shows the system plugins.
But I don't see any way to get access to manage any plugins at all.
At the bottom it says "
This is our -DEV system, so I can discard and rebuild if needed, but I'd like to update the plugins for our production instance. Please advise as to what actions I should take. I would like to upgrade production.
-Vik Solem