I would like to verify the existence of a JIRA issue from a Mercurial hook that is run during the commit process. Is this possible?
Yes Mike. I am guessing you are writing your pre-commit hooks in python right? Make a rest call to JIRA api to check if the issue exists.
Thanks Bhushan, that was what I thought. I was able to use the 'requests' python module successfully for doing this in a hook on a linux box, but have had nothing but unbelieveable struggle on a Windows 8 box trying to emulate for local repos. I have a suspicion that most examples for python/jira/restful api are in the non-windows domain, which again works without struggle. Not being a python programmer and not totally understanding how to add what I think are called extensions (i.e. the requests module) to the python process used by mercurial is where things fall apart for me.
Commit Policy Plugin provides this function, and lots of other checks, for Mercurial commits.
See the add-on documentation, especially its Mercurial page.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.