Does Atlassian support running confluence on SSL ? I am currently using confluence version 5.5
First hit on most search engines is the atlassian doc for running confluence on SSL
Yes. Here is some documentation for it.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Running+Confluence+Over+SSL+or+HTTPS
Does atlassian support using SSL on confluence ?
Again, yes. Read the documentation.
Thank you
I would recommend putting someting in front to do SSL offloading, like Apache2, ngix or varnish (or a StingRay).
This often simplifies the SSL implementation, and makes Confluence upgrades simpler. Also, some extra caching, redirection or URL rewriting can be performed.
For Apache, You can use either mod_proxy or mod_jk... I have this Link that is quite good, its for LifeRay, but thats a Tomcat server also
http://www.knowarth.com/liferay-performance-tuning/
Yup, one of Dan's standing orders in "The (not so) Dark Art of Performance Tuning of Atlassian apps" is "never terminate SSL at Tomcat, do it in Apache/nginx/varnish etc"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.