How do I disable the editing of comments by a space admin? I can understand the add / remove permission, but globally I want to the ability to disable the editing of someone else's comments. How can I do this?
Hi Jeffrey,
The global permissions in Confluence operate at a much higher level, have a look at the page:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Global+Permissions+Overview
the permission to edit comments is controlled on a space by space basis by an admin. If you want to block a space admin, they can just over ride it and give themselves the permission again.
There are some tricks you could pull to try and block the space permission URL using apache HTTPD in front of Confluence....
Or... you could write a macro to query the confluence API to look at space permissions object and report on anyone who has it that shouldn't
But I think it should be more about education than enforcement
Found a way to do it by js:
<script> AJS.toInit(function() { AJS.$('.comment-header').each(function() { var u = $(this).children('.author').children('a.url').attr('data-username'); if (AJS.params.remoteUser != u) { $(this).siblings('.comment-body').find('.comment-action-edit').remove(); } }); }); </script>
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.