For example , there are 100 issues which type is "Bug" , I want to Bulk changes these issues , modify the type from "Bug" to "Configuration" .
What method can solve this problem?
The Jira version is 5.0.2
Use bulk edit. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+(Bulk)+Issues
it can be done by adding issue type field on edit screen and then performing bulk change.
But only if they(Issue Types) shares same workflows
Good point - if the field is on the edit screen and the source and target types are configured the same, a bulk-edit -> edit will work. If not, then use bulk edit -> move and it will ask you all the necessary questions (starting with target project which you leave the same, and target issue type)
Hi Nic. I would like to do a bulk change on some selected Sub-Tasks to other issue types (eg Bug, Improvement etc). However using the bulk change option I have not been able to do this (i.e it does not show me the option of bug, improvement etc ). I am only able to convert a Sub-Task type to other issue types (bug,improvement etc) on an individual bases but not in bulk change. How I can save time and do this via bulk change?
I am using Python to change the issue types in bulk. The following code worked for me.
First, you get a list of issues that need to change issue type.--> list_of_issues
for item in list_of_issues:issue = jira.issue(item)issue.update(fields={'issuetype': {'name': new_issue_type}})
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.