Even after setting the system variable AND the jira-application.properties file in the install directory, It states that jira.home is not configured.
Hi Frank,
There might be some incorrect syntax while configuring the HOME directory trough jira.application.properties. You might want to try configuring it trough <jira_install_dir>/bin/config.bat and see if it helps.
If it still does'not help, you might want to provide more information such as what the exact error message and whether you are able to access JIRA trough web browser or not, if its not possible to access it trough web browser, let us know the message thrown by your browser.
Hope it helps.
Cheers,Septa Cahyadiputra
I do not have a config.bat as this is a WAR installation.
I have attempted multiple ways to get it working:
1. Added the environment variable JIRA_HOME; Tells me it is not configured.
2. Added the value jira.home = \\JIRA\\HOME to jira-application.properties; Tomcat returns a 404
3. Changed jira.home = "D:\\JIRA\\HOME"; jira cannot start, tells me the home path must be absolute.
2. Changed the value jira.home = /JIRA/HOME; Tomcat returns a 404
3. Changed jira.home = "D:/JIRA/HOME"; jira cannot start, tells me the home path must be absolute.
Here is one of the errors I receive
Your first point 2 is the correct format - jira.home = \\JIRA\\HOME (double slashes, no quotes)
I would check that your server actually has that directory (case sensitive as well) and that the user that Jira is running as has permissions to at the very least read and write that directory and everything below it.
If all of that is fine, then I'd start reading your log file from the last startup attempt.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.