I'm wondering if there's a way to not have to supply the password with every invocation of the command. I see that there is a "--action login" which returns a token, but when I try to use the token with "--login" option, it still requires me to specify a "--password" which I find a bit odd. I thought I could use the token as a form of cookie with further requests so that I would not be required to specify the password every time.
(edit: I looked up the SOAP API since first posting this question)
The SOAP API seems to use the login token just like a cookie, meaning there is no need to provide a password on every subsequent invokation if the login token is provided (and presumably, active). (Ref: https://bitbucket.org/bob_swift/jira-soap/src/bcf4155b6285/src/itest/resources/ExampleClient.java )
Is this a bug in the CLI or perhaps I'm not using the options right. Any help on this is appreciated.
Thanks!