Is there an existing group on LinkedIn or Yahoo or somewhere?
I created a Yahoo Group (mailing list) for anyone interested:
http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/confluence_tw/
I'd love to see some activity because it's such a rich and varied topic.
Here is probably your best bet to be honest. There are some half-hearted attempts at forums in other places, but none of them are anywhere near as active (or helpful) as Answers.
There's definitley at least one Confluence group on Linkedin but it's not very active. You can also try joining your local user group, there's loads of them all over the world. These have acse studies etc from other users as well as input from Atlassian. Cheers.
Mick, is there a web site that shows a list of local user groups? I'm too lazy to google it.
Hilarious, I've no idea where anyone is, so here's the most important one: http://www.meetup.com/UK-Atlassian-Community/
Hello Robert, I would start from Atlassian reference on tech writting. Further to that, Sarah Maddox's blog has great tips for tech writting, worth reviewing.
Hrm, seems the Boston-area UG is defunct, or at least inactive, despite having 100+ members... (http://groupspaces.com/baug)
I've looked at most of that stuff.
I'm specifically looking at finding other people who are trying to use Confluence for technical documentation, since presumably we're all struggling with the same chalenges. It makes no difference to me if they're in the same area.
This OSQA instance is very useful, though I find find it frustrating that I ask how Atlassian accomplishes particular things with their own docs and don't get an answer from a staffer. Obviously they have the information, what motive do they have not to share it with customers?
Joined, thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.