I am looking for a way to create a drop down pick list within a page. I am not finding a way within the documentation or any supporting plug-ins. Hopefully I am just missing something.
For Confluence pages, see Run Plugin
Um, you need to tell us which application you're looking at. (In Jira for example, it's a doddle - custom field of type "select list")
Sorry, I forgot to mention that this was for Confluence.
Thanks Bob. I looked through a few of the plugins and the Confluence doco, but didn't think about the Run plugin. I'll check it out
Pardon my ignorance, but why does Jacob need to specify which application he's looking at? Isn't "on a Confluence page" sufficient? Reason I ask is that I, too, would like to create a pick list on a Confluence page (with different status values—Delivered, In Progress, etc.). Thanks.
The original question did not mention an application at all. There are several applications produced by Atlassian, one of which already does a "pick list" and "drop down" without any clever tricks. Confluence does not, so you'll need to find or write something to do it. But we can't tell you that without knowing which application he was talking about. (Bob took a good guess, and it was right)
Yes, my bad. I thought I read "on a Confluence page" in his post, but I'd been looking at so many items trying to find an answer that I got confused. Apologies, and thanks for the reply!
Hi @Jacob Courter ,
A dropdown section with custom values that can be switched in the page view mode can be created easily with our Handy Macros for Confluence.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.