Hi,
In Terminal, I navigated to my local computer's folder where I would like the remote repository pulled down to.
I typed $ git clone https://repositoryUserName@repositoryWebsite/teamName/repositoryName.git> Enter > here's the code that I received. I can't navigate to my branch with the files I would like to work on?
Cloning into 'localComputerFolderForRepositoryFiles'...
Password for 'https://bitbucketusername@bitbucket.org':
remote: Counting objects: 136, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (125/125), done.
remote: Total 136 (delta 43), reused 0 (delta 0)
Receiving objects: 100% (136/136), 540.92 KiB | 241 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (43/43), done.
south-11-141: Folder for remote repository files localComputerUsername$ ls
localFolderWithDownloadedRepositoryFiles
south-11-141:localComputerFolderForRepositoryFiles localComputerUsername$ cd localFolderWithDownloadedRepositoryFiles/
south-11-141:localFolderWithDownloadedRepositoryFiles localComputerUsername$ ls
README.md
south-11-141:localFolderWithDownloadedRepositoryFiles localComputerUsername$ git branch -a
* master
remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/master
remotes/origin/user1s_branch
remotes/origin/master
south-11-141:localFolderWithDownloadedRepositoryFiles localComputerUsername$ cd ..
south-11-141:localComputerFolderForRepositoryFiles localComputerUsername$ ls
localFolderWithDownloadedRepositoryFiles
south-11-141:localComputerFolderForRepositoryFiles localComputerUsername$ cd ..
south-11-141:localComputerParentFolder localComputerUsername$ ls
Backups
Notes.txt
Random
localComputerFolderForRepositoryFiles
south-11-141:localComputerUsername$ cd localComputerFolderForRepositoryFiles
south-11-141:localComputerFolderForRepositoryFiles localComputerUsername$ ls
localFolderWithDownloadedRepositoryFiles
south-11-141:localComputerFolderForRepositoryFiles localComputerUsername$ git branch -a
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
south-11-141:localComputerFolderForRepositoryFiles localComputerUsername$ ls
localFolderWithDownloadedRepositoryFiles
south-11-141:localComputerFolderForRepositoryFiles localComputerUsername$ cd localFolderWithDownloadedRepositoryFiles/
south-11-141:localFolderWithDownloadedRepositoryFiles localComputerUsername$ ls
README.md
south-11-141:localFolderWithDownloadedRepositoryFiles localComputerUsername$ git branch -a
* master
remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/master
remotes/origin/user1s_branch
remotes/origin/master
south-11-141:localFolderWithDownloadedRepositoryFiles localComputerUsername$ git checkout remotes/origin/user1s_branch
Note: checking out 'remotes/origin/user1s_branch'.
You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.
If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:
git checkout -b new_branch_name
HEAD is now at e8a7752... sqlTest.v7.py deleted online with Bitbucket
south-11-141:localFolderWithDownloadedRepositoryFiles localComputerUsername$ git branch -a
* (no branch)
master
remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/master
remotes/origin/user1s_branch
remotes/origin/master