My company has a home grown test enviroment that uses a web based API to run tests aginst our applications.
We would like to be able to fire off tests on the system automatically when the test cases are created in JIRA and
then push the results back when the tests have completed.
Pushing the results back should be easy enough through JIRA's API however, I am not sure how to go about triggering
the tests on the remote system.
I read about webhooks and that would have been perfect for what we need but that feature will not be available until 5.2.
I looked at setting a lisitener to fire a custom event but it seems that events can only be bound to mail templates?
Does any body know a way to trigger a event to run something other than email notification or system events?
Or do I need to look at writing my own plugin?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.