Is it possible to change the author of an issue comment in jira?
I know it can be changed inside the database, but I'm looking for a GUI solution.
There seems to be an open issue related to this topic. Add your vote to it if it is what you are looking for.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-7247
No.
There's always a few edge cases, but as a general rule, a tracker should log who commented and not allow it to be changed (Jira has a weakness in that it considers the reporter to be the person who logs an issue, and then lets people change that. Reporter != Creator)
Sorry, that is not possible via the GUI.
BTW, the question is about COMMENTS in JIRA, not pages in confluence.
Agreed somewhat, but the Admin, who's able to even *delete* Tickets should be able to change that IMHO
Why? It's destroying accurate data. I'd not have an issue with the idea if comment changes were tracked fully (they're not yet), but I still don't see any use for it (other than "I got an import wrong")
You can view JIRA Comment Toolbox to change commenter of the comments and go on like this way.
Moreover, you can use JIRA Comment Toolbox for these;
Is this possible by Groovy script? on server v7.5
Our issue is that, we have 3 domain aliases and we are tying to make sure there are no duplicate accounts.
Users who creates/comments tickets via email from 2 diff aliases causes this issue.
Jira user accounts uses one alias which is synced from AD. - used for portal.
We managed to change the ticket reporter to Jira user account using groovy script.If email is from user1@d1.com or user1@d2.com then it looks if user1 account exists in Jira and change the reporter to user1.
Looking to do the same in comments... any ideas?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.