I'm dumb and can't figure this out.
I have a custom calculated text fiedl. All I want is for it to display the value of another field.
How do I write the code in the 'Description' field to make that happen?
I did make it work using the field index number, etc. But the field I wanted is the 'Sprint' field and the value I got was the index number of the sprint. Oh, well.
How are you doing the "custom calculated text field"? With the script runner, a plugin or something else? As it's a calculated field, I'm not sure why you're looking at the default value as the default value won't matter if you override any entered data with a calculation.
Whatever you answer, the response is going to be roughly issue.getCustomFieldValue(field), but it will vary depending on how you want to do it.
Good catch. I didn't mean "Default" but "Description." I fixed that.
I'm talking about a custom "Calculated Text Field" which is described on the page where I select the new custome field type like this:
Calculated Text Field
A calculated tex field. The formula is stored in the field description, inside an html comment.
I'm trying to put in a screen shot:
Ok, before you do, a "calaculated text field" is not a standard function, it's being provided by a plugin somewhere, and don't know which one does it. I'm only really familiar with the hard-coded ones I've written, and the script runner, so I kind of need to know which plugin it is so I can skim the docs (I know roughly what needs doing in Jira terms, but not what the plugin needs from us)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.