I want to copy the summary field into the subtask automatically. Whenever i create a subtask for my issue, it should take summary field automatically from the parent issue.
Is that possible? I am using JIRA 5.2.10 version curently.
Thank you!!
There are several ways I guess, in my case I use Exocet-Lite plugin in order to achieve this. But there are other plugins around which can do this as well.
I have installed Exocet-Lite plug-in but still summary field is not auto populating in sub-task.
Done mapping from parent to child as Summary.
Please assist.
sorry, was ofline for a couple of hours.
You would need to use your own Operations.xml (not the default one).
in my case the operation looks like this.
<operation key="1" label="Create Testexecution" title="Testexecution from Testcase" duplicateAttachments="false" > <!-- parent Issue type Testcase--> <criteria key="ID_TYPE" value="22" /> <!-- JIRA project CRWTES--> <!--criteria key="ID_PROJECT" value="10701" /--> <!-- JIRA Status TC - In progress 10031--> <criteria key="ID_STATUS" value="10031" /> <!-- issue child --> <!-- id type 21 : Testexecution --> <targetIssue projectId="-1" issueTypeId="21" isSubtask="true"/> <!-- custom link 10100 jira_subtask_link--> <link type="10100" direction ="inward"/> <watcher/> <parentFieldToUpdate/> </operation>
You need to replace according to the documentation the used ids.
Then you map the fields. Now when you use the corresponding action under More the created Sub-task should have the same summary as the parent.
I'm using copy to subtask plug-in for mapping the parent issue fields with that of sub-task but it is not working on system fields like summary. Do you have any idea about that?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.