Hello,
I have been running Confluence 4.3.7 on top of Java 1.6.0_43. I have been a little bit hesitant to upgrade Confluence to v5 and Java to v1.7 simultaneously, so I wanted to test an upgrade of Java only first. To my surprise, there were some big issues with rendering the Confluence 4.3.7 UI (I am using a "Documentation" theme) after I have re-started it on top of Java 1.7. For example, the menus on top right were constantly expanded, there was some additional lines of text above the standard breadcrumbs and some error message on the very bottom of the page. The left sidebar (part of the Documentation theme) was not visible at all. The problem seemed to be only the UI presentation, because the wiki engine seemed to be working fine - all links were clickable (including those in the incorrectly constantly expanded top right menus), it was possible to edit a page, etc. Reverting back to Java 1.6.0_43 solved the problem.
Is it normal? Can you suggest what might have caused the problem? Shall I not bother about htis and upgrade both Confluence and Java in one step? Neverthless, according to documentation, Conf 4.3.7 should work with Java 1.7.
More details: I am running Confluence on 64bit Ubuntu on top of MySQL.
Thanks,
Viktor