I am upgrading JIRA from 5.1 to the newest release and I am getting conflicting answers from JIRA support and what I am reading online. Atlassian support says I can go from 5.1 directly to 6.3.8, what I am reading online JIRA techs are saying i need to update to each release at a time. What should I do here and by each release do I need to install the minor releases as well?
I have updated stage major release at a time from 5.1 - 5.2 - 6.0 - 6.1 - 6.2 - 6.3. One thing I did notice is that once I upgraded Agile in stage I got a note saying that Agile might not work as well as it could because it's missing updates. This isn't the exact error but I cannot for the life of me find where I saved the error.
So what should I do here, does each major release have the previous minor releases built in? Should I updated every single minor and major release?
Let me know.