In our current environment we have the following systems using internal user management:
- JIRA + Greenhopper + Bonfire
- JIRA second instance
- Confluence + Team Calendars
We have just purchased a license for Stash and as part of this I'm looking at a better way to manage and maintain users in the system. The key requirement is to leverage our LDAP system for authentication. Groups etc would not be maintained in LDAP.
What is the best practice for this? I was looking at the Atlassian Crowd product to sit between JIRA, Confluence and Stash and LDAP but am unsure if there is any benefit from doing this or if I'm best of migrating everything to talk to LDAP directly.
One item of note, not everyone has an account on all systems. Some have JIRA only, some have confluence only and only a small number of people will need a Stash account.
I'm also interested in the migration process and how best to achive this, from my research it seems JIRA can do this out of the box, Confluence requires some manual DB updates.