I am trying to create a custom Single Line Text Field for my JIRA instance that will only allow 24 characters to be entered.
Is there a way to do this?
Looking through documentation, I can't find one.
No, there is no way to do this without a bit of coding. The short text fields are limited at about 250 characters (I apologise, I can't remember the exact number - I want to say 255, but I'm really not sure).
You would need a field with a different entry template, or some ugly javascript hack to do this.
I suspected as much, thanks Nic
You can use the "Validators" during a transition to check if the field follow a spefic format.
Example.
I have field that should only be 8 OR 11 alphanumber digits long. I want to keep users from submitting issues with wrong information.
On the workflow, click on the "create" transition line.
Select "Validator"
click on "Add Validator"
Select "Regular Expression Check"
Select the field want to validate
Enter the Expression
The expression that worked from my examples above is:
[A-Z0-9]{8,11}
Here some more information on Expressions:
http://www.javaworld.com/article/2075410/core-java/matchmaking-with-regular-expressions.html
Cool Trick!
@Adrian Vital , I am able to do the validation. Many thanks for that. But I am not able to configure my 'Warning Message' for that field. It displays the below message to User, which is not user friendly :
[Field Value] does not match regular expression [A-Z0-9]{1,500}
It will be helpful you could suggest how to make user friendly 'Warning Message' for the same.
@Aravindi Amarasinghe
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.