So, I maybe just a bit crazy here. But it seems wierd that I have to put the ticket number in the commit notes, for a branch that was created against the ticket.
We have a number of developers all over the world, and we are struggling with people having typos with their ticket number when the write commit notes. They either typo the wrong number, and now that commit is nearly forever (ie, difficult to move back) associated with the wrong ticket. Or they type in a wrong ticket number that doesn't exist. Welcome la la land.
Are there any pluggins or setup configurations that would auto-associate to the ticket it was branched from when a commit with no ticket number is listed? Then I can tell the devs, only when you specifically want to associated a commit with a ticket that it wasn't branched from, you type in the ticket.