I created a new field config but I can't switch my project to the new config, the only option I have found is switching the field config scheme, I need to switch to a different field config.
You dont have to create a new field. Select the field and create a new configuration scheme for your project. This way you will not impact other project.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+Field+Behavior+with+Issue+Types
Select Configure for the custom field and Click on the link Add new Context. This will allow to create a new Configuration scheme for this field. On this screen you will be able to choose the issue type and project.
I don't follow. I want to change the field config that I created, not create a custom field.
Anyone? I don't want to change the default field configuration as I only want these changes applied to a single project but I can't find where to make this change.
A field configuration scheme can apply different field configurations to each issue type. You need to create a field configuration for the issue type and then update the field configuration to point that issue type to the new field configuration.
Looks like the new scheme is now associated with the project. Kind of confusing how the admin for instance and project relate, but that seems common in JIRA. Is there a way to do a field configuration for just a single issue type, like for bugs?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.