what fields do you guys use to get information from customer request or change requests? i'm trying to figure out what type of information i need. I have put a field with a list of projects they can pick, completion date, company name etc.
This is very vague question. Isn't this something which completely depends on your project usecase and customers? In general text fields are a bad idea if there are reporting requirements based on that field
Renjith,
i'm trying to see what everyone uses as we are creating a project and we are gathering ideas. I wanted to see what everyone has used and see if that helps.
I'm afraid Renjith is right - Jira is immensely flexible and the answer really is "what do YOU want to do?" I approach this with my stock set of "how do I use Jira" tips. First, talk to your users. Second, think of the question "What do you want to report on"? Your reports and what your users want to get OUT should drive your choice of fields. But we can't tell you what your users want or need - we need to talk to them to find out!
If you know, what kind of Information you need to have in Jira, you can evaluate which fields and field types you should use for that. There is a lot to consider, as already answered. In some cases, regarding Text Fields, I found it very useful to use the "Wiki Style Renderer". This can be defined in the Field Configuration.
Yes, Jira is flexible, but not everything is fine. And why not learn from each other. I think, this is also the intention of "answers".
In addition: The Wiki Style Renderer is useful for hyperlinks, lists and a lot more. But if you need plain text, you shouldn't use it.
thank you this is the type of information i was looking for.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.