New issues don't show up in either the sprint or the backlog; and neither do existing ones, except for one.I tried creating a new issue directly from the backlog, and it still didn't show up. Instead, it gave a message that it was filtered. As far as I can tell, there are no active filters in the backlog (epic, version, quick filters).
Also, I checked the board filter is project = <Project NAME> ORDER BY Rank ASC, which is correct: In fact, all of my issues show up on the filter page; just not on the board itself.
This happened after I changed the workflow associated with my project (from "simple" to "default"). I thought it would sort itself out by the next sprint, but then when I tried to close the sprint, it said no issues had been resolved, even though there were several completed, which had been attached to the sprint prior to the change.
Edit: Based on Nic's input, I'm pretty sure this is caused by the state of my Columns and mapped statuses. When I checked, there were several mapped statuses; however, none of them were from my new workflow; they were all left over from the Software Simplified workflow, which I switched from.
However, there are no unmapped statuses; and when I unmapped the existing ones, they disappeared. If I could remap issue statuses from my current workflow to the board columns, that would be magically delicious.
Re-indexing did not help.
Edit: I've recreated my project, and started fresh. It now works; however, I'm leaving the original project intact, so any new solutions can still be tested. (I'd still love to know what went wrong, and have a useful answer here.)