I received the following when trying to create a new issue, on a newly created Project.
http://i.imgur.com/8Se5ulx.png
Backstory: I just recently deleted the contents of my work folder just to get jira to load again. I'm running the Jira Download version. I'm not sure if this is related or not. I did it in order to fix this: http://i.imgur.com/Knw0jmv.pngand it worked.
Thanks for any help!
You need to read the application log for more information on exactly what is going on here.
Where can I find this file?
Look at atlassian-jira.log in the log subfolder of your Jira home directory. This file is a running log of stuff happening in Jira. On startup lots of diagnostic messages are logged (good for troubleshooting config issues) and then any errors or warnings encountered during Jira use will also go there. Let me know if you need help interpreting the messages once you find the log file.
I keep a shortcut to the production Jira log on my desktop for quick access.
Go to Admin -> System information, and look for the log file locations, it'll tell you exactly what files to read.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.