we need to host separate Confluence for one of our teams and so I am planning to take a snapshot of existing confluence db and remove the existing spaces except one required space. So I wanted to remove nearly 100 spaces. Can I remove all spaces in one shot instead of manually removing spaces?
Confluence Command Line Interface has removeSpace action which would make it faster and easier for you. You can use this in conjunction with one of the run actions like runFromList.
Hi Atlassians, Any comments please?
Hi Bob, Will the below action work or do I have to use only with runFromList?
confluence --action runFromSpaceList --common "--action removeSpace --space @space@"
It got SocketTimeoutException when I executed the above command.
Remote error: ; nested exception is:
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
That should work, but, you said you wanted to delete all but 1 space and that will delete them all. How quickly did you get the timeout? There is a connectionTimeout parameter you can use to increase the timeout, but, I wouldn't have expect you would need that. Can you complete getSpaceList? If so, can you delete the first space on the list without a timeout?
It is ok to delete all spaces so I tested with the command. I observed SocketTimeOut exception while deleting every space..
c:\Srinivas\atlassian-cli-3.8.0>confluence --action runFromSpaceList --common "--action removeSpace --space @space@"
Run: --action removeSpace --space Space1
Remote error: ; nested exception is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
Client error: 1 actions failed
Hi there,
Maren here from Atlassian. It is possible to delete all spaces at once from Confluence Cloud by "resetting" your cloud site, which removes all data from your site and returns settings to their default states. This will affect site data but not user management.
I hope this helps, and please let us know if you have any further questions.
Best wishes,
Maren
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.