I am able to get an issue populated using the html link from:https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/creating-issues-via-direct-html-links-159474.htmlI still have to click the create button on the issue screen that is generated.Is there a way to have it auto create without needing to click the create button?
Can I ask how authentication is handled?
I just add the reporter to the link and it creates the issue. It may already know who I am via cookies but I am not 100% sure.I just know that creating an issue using the link works but I have to click create.
Here is a sample of what gets me to the create screen: <base url>/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?pid=10001&issuetype=10100&summary=say+hello+world2&reporter=admin&description=testing
There should be an html code I can add to the end that will submit the form no? I have tried stringing together "Alt+s" codes and "Carriage Return" codes with no luck.
Stumbled on this question while looking for something else. You should be able to skip the create screen by changing the url just a little.
Basically just remove the !init from the link. Below is the url that should help you in what you are looking for.
<base url>/CreateIssueDetails.jspa?pid=10001&issuetype=10100&summary=say+hello+world2&reporter=admin&description=testing
Hi
you must be remove !init from your URL to created directly.
for example:
<a href="https://jira.demo.com/secure/CreateIssueDetails.jspa?pid=14803&summary=Test">Test</a>
Hi @Steve Behnke [D1 you can set reporter=currentuser and this will set the reporter to the user who clicks the link. Jira will autodetect the user if he/she is logged otherwise it will prompt for credentials
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.