Hi sometimes I save a Filter in JIRA with a set of columns, but when I export a different set of columns comes out in excel. I have clicked on Filter - Done, not "my defaults" and Saved the filter and it still won't export correctly. WHY?
You need to follow the instructions in the provided link in order to save a column order to a saved filter:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA062/Using+Filters#UsingFilters-Definingafilter-specificcolumnorder
To add on to Udo's answer, you'll also need to make sure that the column contains a field that is applicable to all of the issue types you're trying to export. For example, you might have a custom field called "Steps to Recreate" for the Bug issue type, but this custom field is configured to apply to the Improvement issue type. If both a Bug and Improvement are in the filter and you export a file to Excel, that column won't appear in the exported file.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.