Hello!
I like to use big buttons on the dashboard of our Confluence wiki for the most important pages.
I tried "Lozenge" from Adaptavist's ContentFormattingMacros but it does not fit my needs.
My solution at the moment is to work with HTML-Code (Input type button) in an HTML-Makro.
The styling is done via CSS inside the global CSS stylesheet of Confluence.
The icons are simply attached to a confluence page. It looks like this:

An example of the content of the HTML-Makro für a NEWS-Button:
<input class="button1" type="button" style="background-image:url('/download/attachments/newsicon.png');"
value="News" onClick="self.location.href='/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=590954'">
The stylesheet code looks like this:
input.button1:hover { border: solid 2px #ff6600; }
input.button1:active { border: solid 4px #ff6600; }
input.button1{
width: 265px;
height: 70px;
border: solid 1px #990099;
border-radius: 5px;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:28px 11px;
padding-left:100px;
text-align: left;
font-size: 1.8em;
color: 990099;
font-family: arial,sans-serif;"}
Do you use buttons in your Wiki? How do you do it? Do you see any improvements to my solution?
P.S.:
As it is very difficult to hand-code the buttons, I am looking for an option to use a user makro that simply asks for the needed Information (Picture-URL, Text, Destination-URL) and inserts the code into the page..