This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How to Re-Index JIRA Data Center without Downtime
Atlassian KB writers - now that comments have been disabled, how do we tell you when we see problems in a KB page? These could be grammatical or technical problems.
Hi Matt,
Thanks for reaching out about this issue, I'm glad to see you're both interested in the health of our knowledge base and are wishing to provide feedback to it as you always have.
As you've noticed, the product knowledge base spaces have recently been converted over to using the Confluence viewport plugin. Our official documentation was converted over to viewports sometime last year so this was a move towards consistency of look, feel, and experience for our customers. Part of that work included removing the comments from pages also.
Background aside, you can see that we have implemented two points of feedback. One being the Was This Helpful survey, and the other the answers.atlassian.com integration. As you've likely noted, unfortunately neither of these are the best way raise a problem with the KB solution which leaves us currently without a good way to receive these valuable insights from customers. It is something that we wish to be looking into improving and I thank you for voicing your opinion on the matter.
As an alternative for now, if you see an issue with one of our KB articles we'd ask for you to raise a support issue on support.atlassian.comoffering the URL of the KB, the sentence/s that need work, and what needs to be fixed with them. In the meantime as a short term solution I'll try to make this process more transparent through our "Getting help" pages.
Cheers,
Michael Andreacchio
Atlassian Knowledge Manager
I have to say that the handful of documentation issues I've raised with support.atlassian.com have all been fixed or improved really quickly. I'd like to see a dedicated support request type for it though, if that's going to become the official way to do it.
It's great to hear that our support team do their best to help fix these types of problems as quickly as they can. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be looking into options that are as easy and frictionless as possible, though if we do route customers to support.atlassian.comthen having a dedicated request type is certainly an option.
Thanks, Michael. I quite understand why comments were removed. They're hard to monitor, track progress and close. The use of aac is ok for general questions or feedback, but not so good for specific corrections. A JAC project or issue type seems like a useful approach to me.
Whatever you and the team choose, I'd like to be able to figure out what the current, approved process is.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.