The Activity Stream Gadget suddenly stopped working, probably following a full index rebuild.
It displays __MSG_gadget.activity.stream.title__
I confirmed there are no issues with a null Summary.
Has anyone experienced this and if so have a fix?
This problem is with JIRA 6.1.1
Hello Don,
If you add a new Activity Stream gadget, do you face the same problem ? Case so, are you able to check any entry on the log files ?
Case yes, please attach the log file entry where we can have a better understanding about this issue
Paulo,
When I use the Add Gadget tool and search on 'Activity' I see
By Atlassian
__MSG_gadget.activity.stream.description__
Add_activity_stream_gadget.png
I continue and add the Gadget to Dashboard. The same MSG_gadget.activity.stream.description is displayed.
dashboard.png
I see this in catalina.out
2015-08-19 18:32:05,544 http-bio-8080-exec-6508 WARN anonymous 1112x3239379x5 - 10.160.100.196 /rest/gadgets/1.0/g/com.atlassian.streams.streams-jira-plugin:activitystream-gadget/gadgets/activitystream-gadget.xml [atlassian.plugin.webresource.DefaultResourceDependencyResolver] Cannot include disabled web resource module: com.atlassian.streams:streamsGadgetResources
2015-08-19 18:32:05,568 http-bio-8080-exec-6508 WARN anonymous 1112x3239379x5 - 10.160.100.196 /rest/gadgets/1.0/g/com.atlassian.streams.streams-jira-plugin:activitystream-gadget/gadgets/activitystream-gadget.xml [atlassian.plugin.webresource.DefaultResourceDependencyResolver] Cannot include disabled web resource module: com.atlassian.streams:streamsWallboardWebResources
The Wallboard Plugin (v 1.9.2) is enabled.
Cannot include disabled web resource module: com.atlassian.streams:streamsWallboardWebResources <--- Have you disabled something? Can you please check if in the add-ons section if everything is enabled?
After originally reporting this problem, I discovered that the System 'Streaming Plugin' was disabled. I tried multiple times to enable without success. Now I notice - 24 hours later - that it is nominally enabled. However I still get the __MSG_gadget.activity.stream.title__ display.
Could a corrupted issue Summary containing an offending character cause this. I read that having a null Summary can cause the Activity Stream gadget to fail but I did a SQL query to confirm no issues have a null Summary.
This problem was fixed by:
2. Bounce JIRA
3. Full re-indexing
__MSG_gadget.activity.stream.title__ still displayed as title of Activity Stream, but removing the gadget from dashboard and adding it back corrected the title display.
Hello,
we the same (or at least very similar) issue:
On the Dashboards, some (not all) gadgets don't show their title, but __MASG_gadget.*
Even the Add Gadget window has the problem, see below.
image2016-2-19 13:47:52.png
In the stderr log I see some warnings, like these:
19-Feb-2016 11:35:53.031 WARNING [http-bio-8910-exec-20] com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.filterFormParameters A servlet request, to the URI https://app-bugtracker.ecue.de:8910/rest/activity-stream/1.0/preferences?_=1455878150953, contains form parameters in the request body but the request body has been consumed by the servlet or a servlet filter accessing the request parameters. Only resource methods using @FormParam will work as expected. Resource methods consuming the request body by other means will not work as expected.19-Feb-2016 11:37:10.409 WARNING [http-bio-8910-exec-15] com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.filterFormParameters A servlet request, to the URI https://app-bugtracker.ecue.de:8910/rest/issueNav/latest/preferredSearchLayout, contains form parameters in the request body but the request body has been consumed by the servlet or a servlet filter accessing the request parameters. Only resource methods using @FormParam will work as expected. Resource methods consuming the request body by other means will not work as expected.19-Feb-2016 11:41:49.430 WARNING [http-bio-8910-exec-22] com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.filterFormParameters A servlet request, to the URI https://app-bugtracker.ecue.de:8910/rest/gadget/1.0/login, contains form parameters in the request body but the request body has been consumed by the servlet or a servlet filter accessing the request parameters. Only resource methods using @FormParam will work as expected. Resource methods consuming the request body by other means will not work as expected.
We upgraded to a new machine and installed latest JIRA (7.1.0, 71003), just the database on another machine is the same. We copied over the attachments and avatars, I guess that's all from the old system.
Any hint what can cause this or how this can be solved?
Thanks and bests,
Björn
Hi Bjorn,
For me the problem was the JIRA application was not able to find the JIRA-url via https. Because the JIRA application is on the same network as the proxy server it is not able to use the external proxy IP. I added the internal proxy IP with the URL name to /etc/hosts which solved the problem for me.
The entry I added to /etc/hosts is like:
192.168.x.y jira.<domain>.<tld>
Best regards, Mark
With using JIRA 7 (version 7.1.0), deactivate/activate the "Streams Plugin", then restart JIRA and then do a re-index.
After that, when adding gadgets, the gadgets worked properly on our JIRA-instance.
For 7.1.x it seems that issue can be linked to some SSL problems :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-fix-gadget-titles-showing-as-__msg_gadget-813697086.html
We have the same issue. Do you found any fix?
I kept the following notes when I faced this issue :
/your/java-home/jre/bin/java SSLPoke <url> 443 /your/java-home/jre/bin/java -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/your/java-home/jre/lib/security/cacerts SSLPoke <url> 443
sudo /your/java-home/jre/bin/keytool -import -file /path/to/certificate.crt -keystore /your/java-home/jre/lib/security/cacerts -alias <someAliasForThisKey>
Hope it helps
Same problem here, editing /etc/hosts did not work
how do you deactivate/activate the plugin?
Go to JIRA administration page
--> Add-ons (Manage Add-ons)
--> Dropdown menu on the left of "upload add-on", choose 'System'
--> Search for "Streams Plugin"
This was a life-saver!
We went through the 5 causes on the JIRAKB, but no luck. Until we found this, the Streams Plugin reboot did it
Anybody from Atlassian (@Paulo Hennig, I see you're here on this one) should include a 6th block on that KB article, it would be helpful to a lot of people
Same problem here.
First, you must check that the Java Keystore (under the JVM you're using for JIRA) has both the Certificate Authority and the SSL Certificate installed as trusted.
e.g. (I have JRE 1.8 installed under /usr/java/latest)
cd /usr/java/latest bin/keytool -v -importcert -trustcacerts -keystore lib/security/cacerts -storepass changeit -file /tmp/acme-root-ca.cer bin/keytool -v -importcert -keystore lib/security/cacerts -storepass changeit -file /tmp/jira.acme.com.cer
Additionally, if using Apache HTTP Server to proxy to JIRA, and you have multiple SSL hosts on the same server (using NameVirtualHost), then you need to force the VirtualHost entry for your JIRA server to the front of the list.
For me, only deleting broken application links - under Administation/Applications/Application Links - described on the solution page you provided solved the problem
I assume that under the surface it had sth to do with the ssl setup, but since the connection was not essential, this was the fastest solution.
Hi all,
We have solved it!
Some of our customers have also been affected by this problem, because they are running their JIRA instances behind a proxy server with authentication. Unfortunately, none of the workarounds provided by Atlassian can be applied to solve this problem for our customers.
We have now developed a solution for this. With this, JIRA will directly connect to localhost (or any other configurable URL) without SSL instead of using the proxy, to retrieve the titles for the gadgets.
If you are interested in this solution package, please contact us athttps://jira.beecom.ch/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/create/23
We are Atlassian Partners for more than 10 years who have a deep technical understanding of JIRA and other Atlassian products. One of our most successful products is Suite Utilities for JIRA, that you are probably using already.
Hi beecom,
congratulations for solving the problem. You say that you may be contacted for the solution package. However the indicated URL asks for a userID and password. Maybe I can contact you through this reply here ...
Jean
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.