In a recent upgrade of confluence, an obnoxious behavior started occurring when I try to create a simple link to an office document (Excel, Word, PPT) while in the Editor.
Before... If I type "!" and choose an office doc to link or I drag an office doc from my desktop into an editor window, Confluence used to create a simple link to the doc --- ahh, life was good!
But now... when I perform the same, confluence assumes I want to embed the "live view" document into the page and inserts the office macro - uggh! I don't seem to have an option to create a simple link w/o going thru the "Add" menu and choosing link. Then in the modal dialog I can choose the office doc I want to create a link for an I get what I wanted - a simple link.
While this behavior is generally desired for images (so this makes perfect sense), I really don't think that it’s the modus operandi for embedding office docs for most users.
Is there any way that I can instruct confluence NOT to embed the office doc but rather to create a simple link? Ideally at the user preference level AND an option to make this change globally.
PLEASE PLEASE a solution. This is a realy workflow annoyance!
Thanks!