I just upgraded Jira from v4.2.2 to v4.4.3 and for the life of me I can't find the Universal Plugin Manager. All the docs tell me to go to 'Administration' > 'Plugins' > 'Plugins' and I'll see the UPM, but I have no such option with 4.4.3. Instead, Administration has a "Plugins" dropdown that allows me to select which plugin I want to configure. There is no option for starting the UPM so I can configure existing plugins or install more.
I've already verified that I have Jira Administrator permissions, I've upgraded the UPM from v1.4.1 to v1.6.2, I've removed any cached versions of v1.4.1 in the various subdirectories of JIRA_HOME (plugins, .osgi_plugins, .bundled_plugins), and restarted Jira several times.
There are two very odd things afoot:
- After deleting all instances of atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin-1.4.1 from JIRA_HOME/plugins/* I restarted Jira. New instances of atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin-1.4.1 appeared in the transformed-plugins and .bundled-plugins directories.
- The catalina.out file shows that the UPM was discovered but is disabled. The problem there is I can't work out how to enable it without the UPM, giving me a circular dependency.
Has anyone else run into this?