I need to be able to sort and filter the table, but I don't want to have to manually add all 700 of my pages to the table. Is there a macro or plugin that will do this?
Another option is using the Checklists Plugin which would also allow you to manipulate the pages' labels and metadata. I haven't tried it with 700 pages, do all off them have to be shown at once? If so, the SQL Plugin suggested by Bob may be more appropriate.
Roberto
You can use SQL Plugin and the Confluence database to select various pages into a table.
I am also trying this option. Thank you.
I think we will use both the SQL Plugin and the Table Filter Plugin, if I can get them to play nicely. It looks like it will work, judging from my initial tests.
Another requirement is that I have filters. Is this possible? I want to have check boxes that allow me to show only the content that contain the checked labels. I suppose the system would be linking AND searches on the page list.
I think that would be multiple layers of filtering. The SQL Plugin creates the table, the Table Filter plugin filters based on the columns, and then something else would have to control the checkboxes.
This is starting to look like it should work, but for some reason, I can't get the metadata to populate the table. I have the columns nested in the checklists macro, have the metadata on the page, but the cells are empty. Any idea what could cause that?
Roberto - Any idea why my metadata isn't showing? I am giving the big demo of the site in 2 days and would really like to use the Checklists pluigin instead of the Detailssummary macro. Detailssummary does show all of the data, but I can't sort the columns by clicking on the headers. The Checklists Plugin doesn't populate anything for the metadata or excerpts I identify in the page.
I actually figured out a different option here that does exactly what I needed. I used the Adaptavist Advanced Search Plugin and was able to build a hidden search that populated the table with my list of pages. I could also create check-box filters using search-input options.
So far, it works great!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.