I'm trying to connect Jira to database on SQL server 2008.
When I finish the whole sequence of steps in the JIRA walkthrough ( https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+JIRA+to+SQL+Server+2008 ) I get this message in my "Jira Configuration Tool" window: "Could not connect to the DB": error connection using login "jiradbuser"
What am I doing wrong?
The answers - is my own! Its just screenshots.
I haven't done the connection
I have to apologise for my lack of understanding Cyrillic in your screenshots.
Your original question says "Could not connect to the DB": error connection using login "jiradbuser"", but that seems to be missing the actual details. "error connection using <account>" is not what we'd expect, it would be more like "error logging in with this account" or "unable to establish a network connection".
I'm really stuck on translating the error, is it really as generic and vague as it sounds?
My English is not so far from your Cyrillic
It seems, that I've confused something...
In here 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA' I've got 'dbconfig.xml' :
<jira-database-config><name>defaultDS</name><delegator-name>default</delegator-name><database-type>mssql</database-type><schema-name>jiraschema</schema-name><jdbc-datasource> <url>jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://10.34.0.26:1433/jiradb</url> <driver-class>net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver</driver-class> <username>jiradbuser</username> <password>12345678</password> <pool-min-size>20</pool-min-size> <pool-max-size>20</pool-max-size> <pool-max-wait>30000</pool-max-wait> <pool-max-idle>20</pool-max-idle> <pool-remove-abandoned>true</pool-remove-abandoned> <pool-remove-abandoned-timeout>300</pool-remove-abandoned-timeout> <validation-query>select 1</validation-query> <min-evictable-idle-time-millis>60000</min-evictable-idle-time-millis> <time-between-eviction-runs-millis>300000</time-between-eviction-runs-millis> <pool-test-while-idle>true</pool-test-while-idle></jdbc-datasource></jira-database-config>
ang here's what i get in my browser with 'http://localhost:8081/secure/Dashboard.jspa':
type Status report
message
description The requested resource () is not available.
That's consistent with it being unable to reach the database.
Could you tell us what the log file says? There will be error messages in there telling us what is wrong with the database connection settings.
2013-10-30 14:38:57,861 main ERROR [atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener] Unable to start JIRA.com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: java.sql.SQLException: Ошибка входа пользователя "jiradbuser". at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.util.UpgradeUtils.tableExists(UpgradeUtils.java:127) at com.atlassian.jira.appconsistency.db.MinimumUpgradableVersionCheck.databaseSetup(MinimumUpgradableVersionCheck.java:49) at com.atlassian.jira.appconsistency.db.MinimumUpgradableVersionCheck.isOk(MinimumUpgradableVersionCheck.java:30) at com.atlassian.jira.startup.JiraDatabaseConfigChecklist.doStartupChecks(JiraDatabaseConfigChecklist.java:65) at com.atlassian.jira.startup.JiraDatabaseConfigChecklist.startupOK(JiraDatabaseConfigChecklist.java:53) at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DatabaseChecklistLauncher.start(DatabaseChecklistLauncher.java:35) at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$2.run(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:90) at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrEnqueue(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:250) at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrWhenDatabaseConfigured(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:155) at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.postDbLaunch(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:85) at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.access$100(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:24) at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$1.run(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:61) at com.atlassian.jira.util.devspeed.JiraDevSpeedTimer.run(JiraDevSpeedTimer.java:33) at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.start(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:56) at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener$1.create(LauncherContextListener.java:68) at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener$1.create(LauncherContextListener.java:63) at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.MultiTenantComponentMapImpl.get(MultiTenantComponentMapImpl.java:121) at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.MultiTenantComponentMapImpl.onTenantStart(MultiTenantComponentMapImpl.java:165) at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager$1.consume(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:134) at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager$1.consume(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:131) at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.runForEachListener(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:256) at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.startTenant(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:130) at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.startAll(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:203) at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.contextInitialized(LauncherContextListener.java:96) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4205) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4704) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:840) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1053) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:463) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:525) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:754) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:595) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Ошибка входа пользователя "jiradbuser". at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:368) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2820) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2258) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.login(TdsCore.java:603) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2.<init>(ConnectionJDBC2.java:357) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC3.<init>(ConnectionJDBC3.java:50) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:184) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:185) at org.ofbiz.core.entity.ConnectionFactory.tryGenericConnectionSources(ConnectionFactory.java:87) at org.ofbiz.core.entity.transaction.JNDIFactory.getConnection(JNDIFactory.java:146) at org.ofbiz.core.entity.TransactionFactory.getConnection(TransactionFactory.java:101) at org.ofbiz.core.entity.ConnectionFactory.getConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:59) at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizConnectionFactory.getConnection(DefaultOfBizConnectionFactory.java:28) at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.util.UpgradeUtils.tableExists(UpgradeUtils.java:100) ... 38 more
--------------------------------------------------
Ошибка входа пользователя "jiradbuser" = Error enter user "jiradbuser"
Hi Pavel,
Did you actually create a user called jiradbuser in the SQL Server database and has this user all the necessary access rights?
Take a look here for more information : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+JIRA+to+SQL+Server+2008
Best regards,
Peter
Hi, Peter
first 4 comments with the screenshots are mine
I am stuck because the error message you are getting is in Cyrillic and I can't translate it to the actual error message. It's not "Error enter user".
I suspect it is more along the lines of "Error authenticating user", which means you've got the wrong username and/or password, but I don't know. The rest of the stack trace is consistent with that error, but also with it being able to authenticate the user, but the user not having full permissions on the database.
problem solved.
Trouble was with autentification type in SQL server.
Thanks
Pavel, good to hear that, can you please help to accept this answer for the community to benefit from it?
You can also provide more information on the authentication type being configured so that someone searching the similar problem will be able to find the solution by you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.