Hi. I have an issue which I am not sure whether Confluence can address or not. Has anyone faced a similar issue and come up with a solution or workaround?
I have teams in my organisation who need to attach a lot of documentation within Confluence for their projects. These projects are run across 7 stages, and their documentation can be put up at any one of those stages within the project. Each stage in a given project will be represented by a page within Confluence, eg. Project A, Stage 3). We are talking about hundreds of documents over the lifespan of a given technology project. This then creates a problem: if I want to find a certain type of document and browse through all of that type of document all in one place (on one Confluence page) it is very difficult, as they will be spread over the 7 different stages (represented by 7 different pages) of a project; and then that multiplies across every single different project. So for example, if I want to find all the top-level documentation for all the projects we have running, I would need to trawl every page to find each one. This would be unwieldy, and we have explored the use of detailed labelling and use of search, but neither suit our requirements.
My question is: can Confluence support the functionality to be able to post up a document on Page A (eg. Phase 3 of Project X), but also automatically or in the same process putting that document on Page B (eg. Top-level Documentation For All Technology Projects). I know this is something that dedicated Document Management Systems offer, but is there any way Confluence can acheive something like this, either via a plugin, or a suitable workaround, or perhaps even something in-built that I am missing?
Appreciate very much any advice.
Thanks,
Tim