Hi guys,
I tried the following setting with many customers and it was working fine. Though, one customer is recently having trouble with this:
- I connect JIRA/Confluence to an LDAP/Crowd and use this as primary directory
- Internal directory is used as well but only for administration purpose, the local administration user is stored here
Now the problem is, if I log onto the application as regular user (from LDAP/Crowd) all is fine, also with a user with system administration rights. Yet if I use the admin user from the internal directory I cannot even log onto the target application. Here is what I checked already:
- The user exists in the internal directory and only there (not in LDAP/crowd)
- The user has both system admin and the log onto jira global permissions
- The user does not have the username 'admin'
All looks good for me yet it does not work like this. Can any of you guys give me a hint what's missing?
BTW this is JIRA 5.2.x/Confluence 4.3/Crowd 2.6
Thanks a lot already!